Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reunited

Years and years ago my grandpa (my momma's dad) and his sister (my momma's aunt) had a fight/agreement/tiff and stopped talking to each other.  (We are talking 20 nearly 30 years ago)
Well because of this our families never got to know each other.
UNTIL Facebook.
Through Facebook we were reunited with my moms cousin and her darling girls.  We were thrilled.  I vaguely remember one family gathering when we were little and meeting these girls who were me and my sisters ages and then never getting to meet them again.  I remember thinking at the time "cute new friends" (you know I'm all about friends).  But then the falling out happened.
....back to the story... So we reconnected with them through facebook and it has been so wonderful.
We have been able to follow each other on Instagram and Facebook and really start to get to know each other a little bit.
So my sisters and mom and I decided to give my niece Ashlee a bridal shower and we wanted to invite our cousins. SO WE DID!
I can't ever begin to find the words to tell you how amazing it was to hug them and to laugh and to get to know them more.
They seem so much like us.  They laugh at the things we do, they have fun stories and a great sisterhood.
We visited for quite some time and really enjoyed ourselves.
When it was time to say goodbye we vowed we WILL be getting together often to catch up, get to know each other and to right the wrong that our grandparents made.  We love our grandparents dearly we just wish we could have known each other for the past 30 years.  Hopefully our children..this up and coming generation will be friends with their extended family.

I feel so blessed to have them now in my life.  I can feel that our family puzzle is no longer so scattered but coming together in a beautiful way.

What have I learned from this?  (or what can all of us learn) Don't allow a bitter fight/grudge/argument pull apart generations.  You may feel like you're the only who will be hurt but you will hurt your children and their children and you will take away something beautiful from them the chance to get to know those who our Heavenly Father put us together to be a family with.




No comments: