Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Me and My Tummy

I am 13 days post op..yay....and I have decided to blog a little about my recovery from surgery.

The first few days (days 1-4) after surgery were the worst.
I remember saying to Dave "Why did I do this."  I even said "I want to die".
It was horrible.

Day 5 was turn around day.  I started to feel better and thought "I just might live".

Once my drainage tube was taken out on Day 8 I felt a lot better.  That thing is so bothersome.

In the days to follow I would have good days and bad days.  On the good days I felt like I could do a lot.  SO I DID.
The next day I felt like poo!  I knew I over did it.
I don't think I learned my lesson because I've done this twice now.

Today I noticed on my incision a possible site of infection, so I will going back to the surgeon today to have him check it.

HOWEVER....I may only be 13 days out but I can already say it has been worth it.
Although I am super swollen still I can see a huge difference.
I have a lot of life to live and I am excited that I can live it with more confidence.

I am praying these next 4 weeks go  by fast as I am tired of this binder I have to wear and I really would like to see the swelling go down.

XOXO

1 comment:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

I've totally been thinking about you a lot. If I were there I'd handcuff you to the couch! Get more rest!