Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Remember!

I can remember so clearly where I was September 11th, 2001.
Dave and I had only been married a few months and he was working.
I was in our little apartment still sleeping.
{I had rolled over to his side of the bed}
The phone rang and it was Dave.
Dave said to me "turn on the news a plane hit the World Trade Center in New York."
So I leaned over where our dresser was because the T.V sat on it.
Flipped on the T.V and as I turned it on the second plane had hit the second building.
I kinda just watched and didn't understand what I was watching.  Partially because I was still groggy.  I didn't know if I was watching a replay or if it was another plane.  
I sat in front of the T.V all day watching everything.
I was scared to go anywhere.
I had never heard of Osama Bin Laden.
I gasped as the towers fell, and cried thinking about all those children who lost their parents.
In the days to come I remembered the quite skies.
and the flags in every yard and on every car.
I remember the feeling of unity felt.
I remember the sorrow as more and more were declared dead in the rubble.
I remember hearing of more and more collapses as the rubble settled on ground zero.
I remember the fear.

Today I am still feeling the same emotions I felt that day. As I've listened to replayed stories of children who lost their parents I am still sad for them. As I've listened to the story of the HERO'S who brought down the plane in Pennsylvania I admire their courage. I can't imagine the fear they must have felt, but how selfless they must have been.
Today I remember those who went in to rescue those who were trapped but became trapped themselves and eventually lost their lives.
Today and Forever I stand proud to be an American.
Today I promise to never forget to give my husband and my girls kisses when I leave the house.
I promise to say I love you more to those I love.

XOXO


No comments: