Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A rant on friendship.

It comes at no surprise that I value friendship.  It's something that is very important to me.
Some people once they are grown don't need friends like I need friends.  Some people are perfectly fine and feel that their life is solidified in their family only.  I don't think it's a bad thing for me to say that it's not enough for me.  Now don't get me wrong I love my family 100 million percent but I need to have a social outlet.  I need to have friendships.  However it is kinda sad when you think that you are the only one that feels this way.  And honestly I do feel that I am the only one that puts a lot of weight and thought into friendship.  I say this because 99.9% of the time I am the one that is out seeking friends. I am the one making plans to get together.  I am the one that gets cancelled on.  I pretend it doesn't bother me, but it does.  I don't want to sound mean but I am a busy person.  My business schedule is planned and booked out now till September.  But I leave days open to spend with my family and I leave days open to spend with my friends.  I BLOCK OUT TIME.  So I get really sad and down on myself when I get cancelled on.  In the last month I have planned 10 friend outings and only 1 lunch worked out.  :( .  Now one lunch did get cancelled because Ava was sick and Ava was going to be going with me so that one is on me.
I just wish I didn't put so much weight on friendships so I didn't get my feelings hurt.
Okay end rant.

1 comment:

Emily DeBry said...

I went to Jr. High and High School with you and even was in the same ward for a long time. You were always so friendly and social how could people not want to be your friend. You are an amazing photographer and have grown this amazing business out of nothing. Chin up, friends come and go, times get busy but there's always time to make more friends and to have more outings. You are an amazing seemingly happy, fun beautiful lsdy and your friends are super lucky to have you! Keep up the fun awesome posts :)