Friday, January 14, 2011

One HUGE egg!

We have chickens right?
Well we haven't been getting eggs for awhile because some dogs got in and killed 90% of our chickens (SAD RIGHT?) But we still had some.  But they were scared to death so we haven't gotten any eggs for a long while.  Right before Christmas they started laying again.  I love our eggs...they simply taste better!

Anyway one of hens likes to lay ginormous eggs (ginormous...doesn't that remind you of Elf?).
This egg was more then DOUBLE the size of the other eggs. (The white eggs are store bought.)

I thought this would be a good picture.

This Egg is telling us it's okay to stand out in a crowd...and telling us to 
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!
Way to go EGG!


{Yes it was a double yolker!}

XOXO

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Double yolks? I've never even heard of that! Goes to show I know nothing about eggs.

Grant and Candice said...

That is sooo cool! I have heard that freshly laid eggs taste MUCH better than store bought!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

That's pretty dang cool. Wish I got fresh eggs!

Brynn P. said...

Hey! I can't find your email anywhere so I thought I'd just leave a comment.
I met you once through Tabitha and think you do a great job with your photography and am wondering on your prices and everything. Where can I get that info?'

Thanks,
Brynn