Tuesday, November 6, 2012

God Bless America

Well as I it here in this beautiful back country town of Banner Elk in North Carolina in this beautiful bed and breakfast (where I might add I have the most fabulous room to myself) I am hanging out by myself thinking about our country.

Well the election has happened and it didn't go the way I voted :(
Nope Mitt Romney was not elected president.
I am beyond sad.
I cried.
I facetimed Dave and sobbed to him.

I worry about our freedoms, I worry about our lively hood, I worry about our country.

This made me put some things into perspective.
One it makes me have a stronger desire to do what I know is right.
I need to make sure I am doing everything I can to return to my Heavenly Father with my family.
That means I need to do my part.  I need to be better.
As I cried to Dave I told him of all the things we need to do better at.  We made stronger promises tonight to be better about our family priorities and our spiritual priorities.

And I am now putting my faith in God's hands.  He has the control now.
I have to have faith that he will guide us through.
I have to have faith that we will be okay.

I have to prepare myself and my family for the reign of my Savior Jesus Christ.
He is the ultimate ruler.  And he will reign and we need to be prepared.
He has not forgotten us and if we don't forget him then we will be prepared to meet him.

I pray for our country...and I ask you to pray for it too.


No comments: