Saturday, November 10, 2012

My little photographer

Elle loves the Reflection program at school and last year she entered a poem and won best in school.  This year she wanted to enter the photography contest.

So we got the form and saw the contest theme which was "Magic of the Moment".
She remembered a photo I did of her last year and she wanted to take that same concept.
She came up with the idea all by herself.
She wanted her photograph her sister reading a book and having magic coming out of it.  So she called it "Magic of a Story"

I set up my camera for her on automatic and told her how she would need to take the photograph.  I told her that she needed to make sure that her sister was in focus but the background wasn't.
I then gave her my camera and left my studio.

She took about 100 images and she picked this one.  Although it isn't super in focus I think it tells the story she wanted.  And let's face it...she's 8.

Her photo one the overall in school for the photography division.  I am so proud of her.


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I love the concept! Way to go, Elle! You really captured the idea beautifully!