Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beauty Tools!

So I don't know why, but people ask me all the time what beauty products I use. I like to believe that they ask me because my face looks great...let's hope that is the reason, and not because they want to avoid looking like me. SO I thought I would share a few of my favorite things, in case you've ever wondered...or if you want to avoid ending up looking like me..(oh please let it not be the latter one.I hope people really don't think that.)

My FAVORITE Mascara:
Diorshow Mascara
What it is:
A cult-followed mascara that leaves lashes ultra thick, long, and curled.

What it is formulated to do:
Diorshow Mascara is Dior's original, must-have mascara that delivers ultra-glam, catwalk-length lashes. Makeup artists all over the world use this product to create the longest, thickest, curviest lashes ever.
I will never buy another type of Mascara!

My Favorite Foundation:
Okay so this is a hard one for me because I have tried so many. My favorite one I do not currently use because I can't buy it anywhere however it was amazing. The one I currently use is also great...and I will admit I am starting to fall in love with this foundation, and thinking I'll never use anything else (until summer that is)


My Favorite Lip Gloss
Bare Minerals Buxom
This lip gloss gives your lips a tingly feeling, and plumps your lips as well.
Even with it's super glossy shine..it isn't sticky or tacky! LOVE IT!

My Favorite Color is DOLLY

Eyebrows:
I love the Anastasia kit you can buy at Nordstroms (or Sephora)
It comes with stencils so you get the right shape for you, a powder to fill in your brows, tweezers, and a gel like mascara thingy to seal the color on your brows.
I never realized how important brows were, but they are. I now think of them as the frame of the face. Ladies if you don't do your brows...get them done...and get this kit. Believe me you won't regret it!


And the most asked question is:
"What skincare do you use"
I used to be able to say "Clinique, only Clinique" That is when I worked for Clinique...I can't say that anymore. The truth is...I don't use much Clinique anymore. But I will share with you what I do use.

Face Wash:

philosophy 'purity made simple' one-step facial cleanser.
I've tried a lot of cleansers but never found one I loved. I crave deeply cleansed skin. I want a cleanser that will multi-task for me (eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner).
However even though Purity works as a "toner" I use something else as well.

Tone/Exfoliate
I still use Clinique Clarifying Lotion. I use a number 4 because I've used it for so long, but don't use a number 4 if you are just beginning to use this product. Talk to the White Coat Clinique Girls, and they will help you decide which one is best for you!


Moisturize:
Now my moisturizer of choice is very pricey. However I love love love it! So I will share it with you, along with the one I use when I run out, and can't afford my favorite one.
This moisturizer is great if you have dry skin like me! A little goes a long way, and it smells so great!
Bobbi Brown 'Extra' SPF 25 Moisturizing Balm


And when I run out of "Extra" and can't afford it at the time I use:
philosophy 'hope in a jar' for dry skin
This formula for dry, sensitive skin has been used extensively by physicians throughout the world to assist in the healing process of traumatized skin.
They also have it for regular skin too.


Now you know what I use! I love all my "Beauty Tools". What is your favorite beauty tool or secret?

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Soap and water.

Oh the horror! ;)

I know you ex-Clinique girls will hate reading that.

Jennie said...

Kandis, I love that you posted this!!! It's fun to see what you're favorite products are, and what works good for you.

I've been trying to find a good moisturizer, so I may have to try one of those out.

Next post....what are you favorite hair products??

Leah said...

Great post. It's nice to know your secrets. I think you look so beautiful no matter what you put on your skin =) You have a glow about you. I'll have to do a post like this someday. Mine is pretty simple....maybe it would just be a lame post if I did it. Nothing special for me.

Sarah said...

Wow, that's quite the collection!

I'm all about my covergirl mascara and making sure my eyebrows are even. LOL! Then I'm out the door.

Although I'm a new big fan of Oil of Olay wash and lotions. I also LOVE Mac eyeshadows for special days.

Krystal said...

you always look so great... thanks for sharing your secrets. I am curious about Bare Minerals... I have been dying to try it, but I never trust anything that starts on an infomercial. Is it really that great? My face could definitely use some help in that area.

jenjen said...

Thanks for the beauty recommendations! I will have to try that mascara. I also use Bare Minerals and love it!

Thanks!!!
Jen

aaron and joni said...

ps...I love this post! :O) I'm going to check out the foundation and see if I like it!
thanks!
joni ann

LM said...

got the mascara for my wedding - LOVE it :)