Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pet Peeve

I have a BIG...HUGE pet peeve. I am here to warn all of you offenders of this. Listen up! When standing at the check out line at the grocery store....please please please be courteous..this is how. When you are finished loading all your goods on the check out stand....PUT A DIVIDER DOWN! You know what I mean by divider? The long black rubber thing that sits underneath the mints and gum, that is not meant to beat small children with, but to separate your order from your fellow shopper.
Now I find it completely rude to have your enormous order hogging up the entire space, and the space that isn't filled because you didn't put down the friendly black separator. So either I reach across your bread, tampons, beer, and tomatoes to reach so called order divider, or you help a friend out and when you've finished unloading your treasures you place one down yourself. When you do not help utilize these handy helpers it makes it really inconvenient for me to have to wait for your last item to go through the checkers hand to start to unload my own culinary finds. So let this be a warning to all of you offenders...If you find yourself in front of me at the check out, and have not placed so called black rubber helper at the end of your grocery goodies...you will find when you get home several packs of mints and gum have mysteriously made their way into your bags. Yes when you check your receipt yes you would have paid an extra 4 dollars for something you didn't want. Yes I am that cruel to throw in some mints, gum, hand sanitizer at the end of your stuff...just for not putting a divider down. So next time you go to the store...think of me! That's all! (Oh I feel better now!)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL!! I love it. I've never thought of adding extra stuff....that's a wonderful (and horrible) idea!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

That is too funny! I have seriously, in my entire life NEVER thought to do that. I don't know how guilty I am, but now I will totally notice!

Aubrey said...

LOL! You are funny....Conniving but funny! I love it!

Carolyn said...

Why don't you just leave a foot between your pile of stuff and theirs? I don't think that would confuse the checker and that way you don't inflict the wrath of karma!

That Girl said...

oh carolyn...because this way is funner.....

Leah said...

Amen.

You are so funny.

Aubrey said...

Just so you know, I thought about you the other day at the grocery store and put one down for the person behind me. Then giggled to myself because you're so funny.