Thursday, March 19, 2009

I just want to scream LIAR!

Pet Peeve #4
(surprise it does NOT take place in a grocery store)

Just the other day I had the most wonderful visit with one of my super cute friends. (yes I only have super cute friends....so if your not super cute...we probably aren't friends...BAHAAHHAA)
During the course of our visit we covered many topics from child birth, to eating disorders, from traveling, to FRIENDS WHO DON'T LIVE UP TO WHAT THEY SAY! You gotcha....Pet Peeve number 4!
"Hey Kandis, your pictures are so cute! I love your hair, and your kids are darling! (why thank you...my kids are darling.) We really need to get together and hang out, maybe we could go to lunch or something....I would love to meet your kids...they are so adorable in the pictures (of course they are adorable in their pictures...because they are so adorable in person..Duh!) I'll call you and we will meet up."
Amigos....Friends....Frienemies...Folks....come on now....if you are going to say something like this, you better dang well mean it. Because people like me really get excited to talk to big people, and visit with tall humans, and carry on conversations that don't involve barbies or spongebob. Don't fill me full of honky and tell me you think we should get together if you really truly don't have time to do so! If you are just trying to make conversation, or even if you would like to hang out with someone as cool as myself but you're not sure how much time you have to do so; say something like this. "We should really catch up sometime." How simple is that. Think of all the doors and windows and garages you've left open with that statement. It could mean anything like catching up via email, or phone call, or text message, or the head nod at the store.
So if you get the message from me that we should get together and do lunch it means like what you doing tomorrow, or next week....not "let's get together after the second coming...cause I'll have so much time for you then!"

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I want to see you before the second coming :) and I mean it!

aaron and joni said...

hey kandis....
that was a very funny post:O)
In fact, due to "the tone of your voice"...I figured I should give you an update on my "make-up" situtation (I told you I was going to try out Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals....
Anyway, I was NO LIAR!!! :O) I got it, and have been wearing it for about a month now. Not only did I get the "starters kit" of: foundation, warmer, mineral veil, lipstick and brushes...they also got me to buy their face wash and moisturizer!
It was a very fun purchase for me, as I have never spent that kind of money on ANYTHING of the sort before!
So thanks for the info. I would have never tried it if it weren't for you, and I really do like it. The face wash is a "DREAM"...I love how it makes my skin feel.
Anyway!
Have a good night!
cheers