Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm A Mormon.

I have many people who read this blog who is not of my faith and I've been thinking about this post for a long time.
Recently my religion, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints also known as the Mormon Church, has had a lot of media attention because one of the front Republican Presidential candidates is a member of this faith.  Mitt Romney.  

I think what the most disheartening thing to me and many of my faith is the fact that we are called anti-christian and even members of a cult.

So I want to defuse some of these things by sharing with you my own experience and what I have grown to believe and know.

We/I believe in Jesus Christ.  He was born a baby to earthly parents. 

Jesus performed many miracles and taught many things while he walked the earth. 
The greatest of all was that of his atonement, both in the Garden and on the Cross.

He died that we all might be forgiven of our sins, he died that we might be able to live again.

Jesus then was resurrected.  
We believe in a living Christ.
We worship a living Christ.
He is our savior and redeemer and we love him.


As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have faith in our Savior, we try to follow his example and live by his teachings.  Does this make us perfect? No.  But we want to become like him.  

The first principle of our faith is that we believe in God the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. 

This is the core to our belief. 



We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
I love my Savior and consider myself a Christian. 
So if you have questions on what Mitt Romney or any other member of the Mormon Church/The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believe, ask us.   Or Check out. www.mormon.org








No comments: