Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vacation Part 1.

It's no secret I have been needing a vacation so bad.  
I honestly think with me working full-time now (yes my job with Wish is seriously full time albeit from home) It has put a little bit of a strain on my quality of life.  
So since October I've been telling Dave that we needed a vacation.
We tossed around several ideas, but we told Ava that when she was fully potty trained we would go to Disneyland.  So that is where we went.


We didn't tell the littles we were going till the night before we left.
Elle was so excited.  Ava didn't really understand. 


So last Saturday we embarked on our journey.  We decided to drive to save a little extra cash.
We drove to Vegas on Saturday and stayed at the South Point Hotel.  We didn't want to stay on the Las Vegas Strip with the kids, I'm glad we made this decision.  It is a nice hotel and to get to the rooms you don't have to go through a labyrinth of slot machines. 


When we arrived in Vegas and checked into our hotel, Dave had a little bit of homework to do.  (I can't wait till May when he is finally done with school.)
I let the girls jump on the bed, that was awesome for them.


Then we went to Serendipity 3.  I love that place.  Maybe it's just simply the Frozen Hot Chocolates that I love so much.  


Elle and Ava thought the slot machines looked like pretty fun games.  I had to explain to Elle how they work.  She didn't find it very fair that you put your money in but might not win anything. She wasn't for that. YAY!


The next morning we drove to California.


We took Elle and Ava to the American Girl Doll store in The Grove in L.A.  
It was so much fun to watch them there.  They really loved it. 


After that we went to Santa Monica and ate at Bubba Gumps.  I love that place.  
Then we let the girls play on the beach for a bit.  
The weather was so nice.


After that we drove to our hotel in Orange County.


We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel.
The girls were so excited to pull up and see everything Disney.


We were all so tired so we grabbed a bite to eat at a little New Orleans style place in Downtown Disney and then hit the sack.  We had a big day ahead of us.




I haven't uploaded all of the photos yet so you'll have to wait for that post.  For now, check out two of the cute pictures of my girls in Santa Monica. 






2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures! Sounds like you had a fantastic vacay!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for pictures from my favorite place in the ENTIRE EARTH! :) I love playing Daves little "where am I now?" game on facebook, and would spend frantic minutes racking my brain and scouring dozens of Disney blogs to try and figure them out!
--Sean